Sherrys Upper and Lower Forty

Sherrys Upper and Lower Forty

Week of Thanksgiving 2010

Week of Thanksgiving 2010

Week of 8 22 10

Week of 8 22 10
Beans are growing great

Monday, November 22, 2010

Keep on rolling along

When this whole adventure with the Grow Boxes started, I tried it because of the guarantee that if I was unsatisfied with the boxes I could get my money back. These people must be joking, because it would take a Neanderthal with no brain and the inability to read to not be able to grow in these containers. Since I am neither, I have been greatly successful with my boxes so far this year.

Now, with 320 pounds 2 ounces of vegetables so far, the only question is if some of the 2010 garden continues into 2011, which year do I attribute the extra to. I have had a great time in the garden and enjoyed my own food grown by my own hands so much. It would be wonderful if the whole world could do something like this and participate in the fun.

My little great nephew got tremendous pleasure out of picking tomatoes from my plants this summer and hopefully we will pick more next year. As far as my garden, I have vegetables and spices to go through the winter thanks to a greenhouse and a cold frame.

You might be lucky enough and Santa will drop off a few Grow Boxes so you can try them. For me,my experiment next summer will continue on. I will try some new treatments for heirloom tomatoes like grafting and growing my own transplants instead one buying ones I was not happy with.

It amazes me that my daughter Kimmie, who ate only a few vegetables as a child, really loves Patty Pan squash from my garden. Better look out doxies, somebody wants to steal your stash.

No comments:

Post a Comment