Sherrys Upper and Lower Forty

Sherrys Upper and Lower Forty

Week of Thanksgiving 2010

Week of Thanksgiving 2010

Week of 8 22 10

Week of 8 22 10
Beans are growing great

Thursday, November 25, 2010

Give Thanks

Happy Thanksgiving to everyone. This is the day for giving thanks for all G-d has given to us, both good and bad. My friend Kurt Stone once gave the sermon to his congregation that sometimes we pray for something and we get it and other times we don't, that just means that G-d said yes or no.

This year was a resounding yes for me and my garden. Yes to being outside, yes to watching the young plants grow, yes to meditation time, yes to a very bountiful harvest,and yes to being a gardener again. I would love to be in the yes line again next year for a lot of reasons.

It was pointed out to me very early on that we can live and look out for ourselves and others or we can live only for ourselves. Trust me when I say that it is a lot more fun to share than be selfish.

I have always told my friends and family that you can throw dirt into that turned off fan and you can throw flowers. Someone will come and flip the switch and it all comes back to you. It is your choice whether you get flower petals or dirt in your face.

Make the right choice and you will find out giving is much more rewarding than receiving.

No comments:

Post a Comment